Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Let's Make A Bag


hi there ... I am still sewing and make stuff, I am just lazy to take picture, and I am lazy to write a post without picture. But somehow the lazy days have to come to an end.

I have this fabric for couple of months. 

When I purchased it, I had have plan to make a bag with long strap, maybe they call it 'sling bag'. So when I have the time, I start to looking for pattern for the bag that I want.

I come accross a site: frugal and thriving, they have a post about 45 Awesome Free Bag Making Tutorials.
 all 45 bags are really awesome, some bags look simple and easy to make, and some bags look complicated, but what I want to make is a bag with long strap ( not a tote bag ). The bag should be easy to make, have clear tutorial and it would be nice if the bag have a (free) pdf pattern.

I decided to make slouch bag , This is a bag from random-charm

I like this bag, not exactly the bag that I had in mind but close enough. This bag have pdf pattern and tutorial, and I have plan to make some changes.

Go directly to the blog post of random-charm ( click the bag picture ). There you will find link to download the pdf pattern and the tutorial. 
The tutorial is clear and easy to understand. The pattern is on two sheets of paper, and you will need a rectangle that you draw yourself ( the measurement is on the pattern piece ), you also need to draw pattern for inside pouches if you want to add some.
Next post, I will show the cutting process of this bag. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe you made that bag!! I love it - I lov eto sew too and soon any day now I'm making a bag too but a little smaller...I think! Thanks for grabbing my widget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lady,
    I'm working on a laptop project right now and I'm having readers vote on part of the applique - maybe you can stop by and give me your opinion - I would love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails